About The Role
You have made first experience in transaction administration and client servicing in trade finance or financial sector, possess strong interpersonal skills and enjoy direct client contact?
This Might Be Your Next Challenge
You will be responsible to support underwriters in trade finance. This includes the timely and accurate handling of client requests and issuing insurance policies to our banking clients.
In particular your responsibilities will include the following.
- Closely interact and coordinate with internal stakeholders in Operations and Underwriting located in various regions and markets, as well as with external stakeholders such as clients, brokers.
- Process and administer client requests in systems and tools, perform data quality check and issue polices as well as administration of policies throughout their entire lifecycle.
- Support the underwriting at renewal processes and pipeline tracking as well as monitor exposure notifications.
- Coordinate with other team members globally to ensure client service to our global trade finance clients.
- Analyze and identify premium and fee discrepancies and determine appropriate adjustment measures.
About The Team
Credit & Surety Operations is an emerging team closely collaborating with the global Credit & Surety business teams. With passion, as well as our service and customer orientation we strive for high customer satisfaction and help the business to achieve its profitable growth aspiration. Our team is spread across many locations in Europe, Asia Pacific, as well as North and Latin America. The Operations team servicing trade finance transactions is embedded in an expert network across the regions Europe, Asia Pacific, as well as North America. Our team is continuously improving and evolving the Operating Model and is striving to standardize and improve the processes.
- Bachelor degree in economics, law, or banking preferred or equivilant work experience.
- You enjoy assuming personal responsibility for your daily tasks and can effectively prioritize them within the broader context of the business.
- Obstacles don't hinder you; instead, they inspire you to discover ways to overcome them.
- You have gained initial experience in the banking or insurance sector.
- Illustrate proficiency in intermediate-level mathematics, administrative and clerical procedures (including file and record management), general economic and accounting principles, and customer service processes.
Nice to have
- Prior experience in a client-facing role, preferably within a financial environment.
- Fundamental knowledge and comprehension of trade finance and guarantee business.
- Foundational understanding of sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) procedures, as well as knowledge in commercial and company law, UCP600, and URDG758.
- Showcase proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Familiarity with SWIFT messages for documentary business is a valuable asset.
Occasional travel may be required to attend meetings, seminars, and programs to learn about new processes and guidelines, learn new skills, and stay updated with the team supported.
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. Swiss Re Corporate Solutions embraces a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.
Swiss Re is an equal opportunity employer. It is our practice to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.