ABOUT ROLAND FOODS
Roland Foods, LLC, based in New York City, is an importer and distributor of high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries. Founded in Paris in 1934 and established in the U.S. in 1939, the Company provides customers with exceptional specialty foods, primarily offered under the Roland brand. The company has a national presence in the foodservice, retail, and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Roland Foods’ dedication to providing quality and consistency has made it a leader among food importers and suppliers. The Roland brand is synonymous with quality and authenticity for the consumer and chef alike.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Trade Finance Specialist will be a key member of the promotional spend and finance functions within the AR team. The AR team is composed of the collections, cash posting, deductions, and trade finance functions. The trade finance team is responsible for the proper processing, accounting, and financial analysis for the many promotional marketing, rebate, and national account deviated price programs created by the Revenue Management and Sales Teams.
This role is based in our New York City office and reports directly to the Trade Finance Manager.
As a response to the pandemic, Roland Foods office employees have transitioned to a hybrid working schedule, requiring employees to report in-person Tuesday through Thursday, with the option to telework on Monday and Friday each week. Due to the collaborative, cross-functional nature of the organization, employees at the NY and NJ offices are required to work in-person for the abovementioned days, outside of any People & Culture-approved disability accommodation request.
- High volume data scrubbing and keying of the customer bill back documents from various sources and file formats (excel, pdfs, text docs, etc.)
- Upload monthly billbacks in a timely manner in the ERP system.
- Assist in creation of trade agreements in AX aligning the contracts in TPM system.
- Consistent coordination and communication with the sales and revenue management team to ensure all promotional contracts for the period are captured and accounted for in TPM system.
- Assist in reconciliation of promotion accruals with actuals as part of monthly close processes.
- Assist in monitoring price mismatch process and ensure pricing variances are resolved within the timeline.
- Collaborate with deduction team and sales team in clearing deductions.
- Work cross-functionally to conduct process improvements and procedures.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
- Timely month-end close process.
- Resolution of contra pends in TPM system.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Office Suite (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and Access skill.
- Strong attention to details and problem-solving skills
- Capable of self-prioritizing workload and ability to handle high volume of tasks.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to broader team objectives.
- Understanding of customer program allowances and promotional pricing.
- Experience with Monarch and Microsoft SQL Server Management.
- Food industry experience.
Roland Foods hires exceptional people to perform a wide variety of important functions that contribute to the success of the Company. One of the ways Roland Foods does that is through a competitive compensation package. The base salary for this role will be $60,000 - $70,000.
Based on your qualifications, previous experience, and transferrable skills, the Company will determine at its sole discretion the salary offered.
Founded by immigrants, Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
Roland Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Roland Foods considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Roland Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.