What you'll do...
About Walmart International Supply Chain
A regular day at Walmart International is centered around promoting our local businesses around the world through the power of Walmart. Our businesses operate in 20 countries, consolidated into 7 core operating markets. Our Home Office International team fuels the power of Walmart for these countries and is focused on both our store and digital businesses – as an omni retailer. Within Walmart International, our International Supply Chain team is passionate about solving the most important customer needs through talent development, evolving our global assets, and developing the best solutions. Our mission is to future proof our business to deliver for our customers now, and most importantly, for our customers in the future.
Senior Manager, Automation Engineering
In this role, you will directly influence the automation investment decisions and designs for Walmart's Global Markets changing how we deliver for our customers now and in the future!
You will work with Walmart's international supply chain teams to identify, design and implement automation solutions that enhance operations, fulfillment, and transportation facilities. The objective is to use all spectrums of technology from mechanization to fully automated solutions including robotics and augmented reality to deliver improved operational service and capacity, while also decreasing variable cost-to-serve.
How you'll make an impact:
- Directly influence the automation investment decisions and designs for each Walmart market (country) to include solutions and capital investment needed to achieve operational goals
- Build business cases that are executive ready in order to demonstrate the need for the change / addition of assets
- Influence and lead projects to explore, design, approve and install technology into stores, distribution, and fulfillment centers across multiple international markets
- Discover new tech and automation in the supply chain space. And leverage the innovations lab to test and vet the new technology and vendors to assess fit with Walmart operations and systems
- Define and educate market teams and leaders on Automation Best Ways including Facility Design, Process Flow and End2end impacts on the Supply Chain (Upstream-Downstream)
- Develop market teams, both organizationally and individual associates, to know how to identify operational needs and then test, pilot, and scale new automation technology
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrated experience identifying automation solutions, designing process layouts conceptual and detailed designing for automation solutions and overseeing the installation of solutions into operations
- Knowledge of material handling processes and automation solutions available across the industry
- Working knowledge of automation providers and their solution capabilities
- Can work with and influence internal leaders and engineering teams across markets/cultures
- Can create mutually beneficial relationships with external automation vendors to enable collaborative development of new solutions
- Can identify team development needs and provide training that enables their growth
You’ll sweep us of our feet if…
- You are a solid engineering contributor with an excitement for adapting and integrating new automated systems in a retail setting
- You have hands-on engineering experience and are adept at creating vendor relationships and presenting data that supports your recommendations to leadership
- You have experience surveying the automation landscape to identify new technologies and create automation partnerships to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated experience adapting automation to retail distribution or fulfillment applications
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Minimum Qualifications...Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 4 years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area. Option 2: 6
years’ experience in Engineering, supply chain, or a related area.
2 years’ supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Masters: Computer Engineering
Primary Location…701 S. WALTON BLVD., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-6209, United States of America