Come Be Part of a Mission that Matters!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
· As necessary, create commercial invoices, sometimes using order/customer specific pricing information or following other specific requests pertaining to the order.
· Interface with and obtain official documents from internal and external sources that will satisfy regulatory or customer-specific requirements that will allow shipment of Neogen products to a variety of destinations
· Maintain working relationship with a variety of freight carriers and their contacts, including the procurement of quotes; work closely with small package carriers and maintain a functional level of coordination using their software that is integrated with Neogen software systems
· Communicate effectively with different levels of Neogen employees toward resolution of problems that could interfere with successful shipping activities, including other Neogen branches
· Disseminate order information by a variety of methods to meet specific needs of employee, customer, or regulatory agencies; this can include any method of electronic transmission or contacts—interagency and external
· Create BOL for International freight carriers and develop/affix small package labels as appropriate.
· Must have or be able to obtain HAZMAT certification.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED minimum, Bachelors in Supply Chain/Logistics field preferred. Knowledge of commercial shipping systems, WMIS and 1D / 2D barcoding systems as well as shipment of hazardous goods. Experience and training in domestic and international shipping. Experience with all modalities of distribution including small package air and ground, freight air and ground, and ocean container shipping.
WHO IS NEOGEN:
From farm to fork, we offer solutions to enhance the quality, quantity and safety of the global food supply. Our food safety diagnostics are used within farming operations to the production facilities of most of the world’s best-known food companies. Neogen’s solutions are critical to the health and well-being of our customers’ operations – and in turn their consumers. What we do matters!
Neogen’s culture combines stability with a deep believe in providing professional and personal growth. Our Pillars of Trust – the principles which guide our everyday decision—making, include Openness, Honesty, Credibility, Respect, and Service. It’s the belief in these characteristics that provide a consistent, happy and healthy work environment for our employees.