The International Export Compliance Specialist will be responsible for accurately performing export operational tasks and for maintaining compliant export filing with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of Schedule B and ECCN for purposes of classification. The export specialist will work in conjunction with internal teams to maintain optimal compliance according to trade laws and government regulations while reducing potential inbound and outbound export delays.
What You’ll Do
- Perform tariff classification utilizing the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Schedule B, and Import-Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) as needed.
- File AES declarations to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Collaborate to gather shipping docs and manage record retention of export shipments.
- Knowledge of ITAR, EAR, and other government agencies.
- Perform Denied Party Screening for exports.
- Other tasks as assigned.
What You Will Need
Knowledge, Experience, and Competencies:
Key Competencies Required
- Organizational and Planning Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to set priorities with excellent follow-up.
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
- Communication Skills (verbal, written, and group presentations)
- Decision-Making Ability
- Team Oriented Focus
- Adaptability (ability to handle and manage change)
- Must be a team player with the ability to collaborate with internal and external business partners.
Experience And Technical Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience required (5 years preferred in the export/international trade environment.
- Export Certified preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in Hardware product, tools and paints with a global exposure is a plus.
- Classification experience with Schedule B and ECCN required.
- Understand and efficient with the following programs/systems: Excel / Outlook / Word / Power Point / SAP/ B1
$63100 - $79000
Why should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don’t often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits* that address life’s necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability – up to 26 weeks short-term disability and long-term disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 21 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the first year) and up to 6 paid holidays depending on the month of hire
- Company Car, phone and fuel card are provided for field-based positions
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It’s a chance to be part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses thrive and make an impact in their communities – and we support our employees in doing the same by offering an annual Ace Cares Week, 20 hours off work per year to volunteer at an organization of your choice, opportunities to help Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual review
- We know the work environment matters. That’s why Ace holds frequent campus events like Employee Appreciation Week, vendor demos, cookouts, and merchandise sales
- We bring them to you! Services such as mobile spas, auto maintenance, car wash and detailing, dry cleaning, dentists, eye doctors, flu shots, recycling and more!
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel, fitness, computers and thousands more
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events
- Identity theft protection
- Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individual’s education, training and experience, the position’s work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires.
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written “Position Description” is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, according to business necessity.