For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.At Gilead, we’re creating a healthier world for all people. For more than 35 years, we’ve tackled diseases such as HIV, viral hepatitis, COVID-19 and cancer – working relentlessly to develop therapies that help improve lives and to ensure access to these therapies across the globe. We continue to fight against the world’s biggest health challenges, and our mission requires collaboration, determination and a relentless drive to make a difference.
Every member of Gilead’s team plays a critical role in the discovery and development of life-changing scientific innovations. Our employees are our greatest asset as we work to achieve our bold ambitions, and we’re looking for the next wave of passionate and ambitious people ready to make a direct impact. Join Gilead and help create possible, together.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
Intern – Global Supply Chain Demand & Supply Planning
As a Gilead intern you will contribute to high-impact meaningful projects that will not only further advance our company’s mission but will allow you to gain real world experience at one of the most innovative organizations in the world. You will also have opportunities to participate in special events including professional development and leadership presentations, social/network building activities and local community volunteer programs.
Purpose of Role
- Develop the long-term planning/execution (0 to 5 years) of manufacturing and packaging of finished goods globally utilizing internal and external finished good suppliers to ensure product availability for our patients.
- Ensuring product availability for our customers globally
- Developing the Master Production Schedule for 25 external CMO’s and 2 internal production sites
- Management of a team of product supply network planners
Success Measured By
- Develop strong Supply Chain planning skills with your staff
- Work closely with all other functions; Manufacturing/R&D/Regulatory Affairs/Quality/API group/Clinical and Legal
- Become the SME for Rapid Response planning and reporting
- Product availability; No stockouts
- Production Plan Stability
- Inventory Policy Adherence (Adherence to target, Obsolescent Inventory Value)
- Driving efficiencies in drug product supply chain by identifying and eliminating waste in design and processes
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
Develop Make and Transfer plans (midterm to long-term network MPS in monthly buckets (months 4 – 48) ) for the Gilead commercial supply network.
- Leads Monthly global MPS Supply Review meeting (CMO’s & Internal sites)
- Coordinates and manages relationships with other departments (i.e. quality, mfg., AO, logistics, etc.) to resolve supply issues
- Implementation of changes in supply chain (i.e. shelf-life changes)
- Ensure that country supply chain requirements are supported by manufacturing and logistics providers (where applicable), specifically:
- Own and manage the long term planning for our global products
- Ensure proper communication throughout the mfg network including internal sites
- Report monthly metrics and consistently build a plan to meet demand and NPI requirements
- Showcase your work with a final poster board presentation near the conclusion of your internship
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship now or in the future or CPT/OPT through your University.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s/Masters/MBA/PhD program at an accredited US based university or college
- Must be a Rising Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in undergrad or a Graduate or Doctoral Student
- Must be enrolled full-time in the Fall Semester at an accredited university/college after the completion of the internship
- Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between May and August
- Must be able to relocate if necessary and work at the designated site for the duration of the internship
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Enrolled in an Undergraduate Program with a Major in Supply Chain or Business/Finance related field
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today at www.gilead.com/careers.
The expected hourly range for this position is $19.00 - $55.00.
Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including education level and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary.
Benefits include paid company holidays, sick time, and housing stipends for eligible employees.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.