Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are *the* trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
The Global Supply Chain finance team is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst or Finance Manager to support the our business partners in the Supply Chain Innovation space. This position will support the Supply Chain Innovation team, and partner closely with diverse business teams to drive strategic initiatives in our supply chain, better services to customers, and the company’s long term success. This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to lead others, work fast, and smart. You will enjoy working on projects which cover broad scopes and complexities with significant exposures to senior leaders. Your experience has taught you how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
Key job responsibilities
- Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports and models to lead business improvement and cost reductions
- Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting business partners to shape strategic visions
- Advanced reporting and analysis using Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
- Manage and develop reporting models, and drive continuous innovation and while effectively communicating to your Operations partners
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | Dallas, TX, USA | Houston, TX, USA | Nashville, TN, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science)
- 5+ years of finance experience, or Master’s degree and 3+ years of finance experience
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA, or CPA)
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- Knowledge of SQL/ETL
- Experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
- Experience performing ad hoc analysis using advanced Excel
- Experience building and managing financial models for business forecasting and problem solving
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $81,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $179,500/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.