Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
About the role:
The Finance Manager is a key role within our finance team, responsible for managing and optimizing calculations such as, FIFO, ARO (obsolete material), and providing valuable insights into material transactions that impact our financial ledger. This role also requires strong forecasting and analytical skills to support effective decision-making, also will play a key role in keeping and implementing controls in support of audit requirements related to SOX and as communicate by our external auditor, EY.
What do we want to know about you?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field (preferred).
- Professional certification such as CPA or CFA is a plus.
- Proven experience in inventory management, obsolescence calculation, and financial analysis.
- Strong understanding of FIFO accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Oracle ERP, various data mining source, financial software, and advanced Excel skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
What will your typical day look like?
1. Obsolete Material Calculation:
Identify and assess obsolete and slow-moving inventory items.
Develop methodologies and models to calculate obsolescence reserves.
Collaborate with relevant teams to minimize obsolete inventory and reduce associated costs.
Maintain the workflow related to the potential scrapping of obsolete items.
2. Physical Inventory Leadership new and UX:
Coordinate and track physical inventory counts and reconciliation processes.
Ensure accurate and timely recording of inventory adjustments.
Implement best practices for inventory control and accuracy
3. FIFO Calculation:
Apply FIFO (First-In, First-Out) accounting principles to inventory valuation.
Maintain accurate records of inventory levels, variances, and cost changes.
Perform regular audits and reconciliations to ensure adherence to FIFO.
4. Material Transaction Analysis: -
Analyze material transactions and their impact on financial accounts.
- Identify discrepancies and recommend corrective actions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve transaction accuracy.
5. Forecasting and Analysis:
- Develop and maintain inventory forecasting models.
- Analyze historical data and market trends to support demand forecasting.
- Provide insights for inventory optimization and cost management.
6. Financial Reporting:
More information on offered benefits, which include health, welfare, and retirement, is available at mywabtecbenefits.com.
Wabtec will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future for this role.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.