This article explains what a Export Sales Manager job description may look like
The Export Sales Manager is responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies and plans to drive export sales growth. They will manage a team of sales representatives, establish relationships with international distributors and manage the sales process from initial contact through to final delivery.
- Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to drive export sales growth in line with company goals.
- Build and maintain relationships with international distributors to ensure the availability of products in target markets.
- Manage the sales process from initial contact through to final delivery, ensuring customer satisfaction at every stage.
- Analyze market trends and customer needs to identify potential new product opportunities and make recommendations to senior management.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the company's products, competitors, and target markets.
- Build and manage a team of sales representatives to ensure sales targets are met.
- Provide regular sales forecasts, reports and feedback to senior management.
- Develop and manage budgets and expenses to ensure cost-effective operations.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant export regulations and standards.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in international sales, with a proven track record of success.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and develop a sales team.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop and execute sales strategies.
- Knowledge of export regulations and standards.
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
The Export Sales Manager will work in an office environment, but will also be required to travel internationally as needed to meet with distributors, attend trade shows and visit customers. They may also need to work extended hours to meet sales targets and deadlines