This article explains what a Export Compliance Officer job description may look like
The Export Documentation Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all necessary documents and paperwork are prepared accurately and in a timely manner to facilitate the export of goods. They work closely with internal teams, such as shipping and logistics, as well as external parties, including customers and regulatory authorities, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare and review all export documentation, including commercial invoices, packing lists, certificates of origin, bills of lading, and export licenses.
- Ensure that all documents are accurate and complete, and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinate with internal teams, such as shipping and logistics, to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Communicate with customers and external parties to gather necessary information and resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all applicable export regulations and compliance requirements.
- Provide guidance and training to internal teams and external partners on export documentation and compliance issues.
- Work with customs brokers and freight forwarders to ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Monitor and track shipments to ensure that all necessary documents are in place and that shipments are progressing as planned.
- Maintain accurate records and files of all export documentation and related correspondence.
- Assist in the development and implementation of export compliance policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, International Trade or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in export documentation or related field.
- In-depth knowledge of export regulations and compliance requirements.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
- Experience with customs brokerage and freight forwarding is a plus.
The Export Documentation Specialist will work in an office environment, with occasional visits to shipping and logistics facilities.