For over two decades, BrainPOP has been trusted by educators and parents worldwide as a source of engaging and impactful learning experiences for all kids. With a presence in over two-thirds of U.S. districts through school and district subscriptions and an estimated annual reach of 25 million students, BrainPOP is empowering kids to take agency over their learning and excel in and out of the classroom.
The company was acquired in 2022 by KIRKBI, the family-owned holding and investment company of the LEGO brand, marking a significant milestone as their first acquisition in the digital learning realm. We are thrilled to continue making learning fun and accessible with the strategic guidance and support of KIRKBI.
About the Role
The BrainPOP Director, Global Sales Readiness and Performance drives the development of a performance based revenue culture with clear accountability and metric development for quota carrying roles. This individual will need to be adept in change management and enable revenue growth by focusing on building engaging programming for the coaching and development of our internal sales and retention teams.
As the Director, Global Sales Readiness and Performance you will drive the strategy, prioritization, and roadmap of BrainPOP’s coaching and development programming by translating key revenue strategies into impactful learning & development training for Sales and Retention Reps. You will partner with colleagues in Rev Ops and Sales Enablement to streamline training and collateral/resource creation that will improve the sales organization’s effectiveness while enhancing client satisfaction.
This role will report directly to the Chief Sales Officer and support the needs of the VP of Sales and VP of Retention to ensure meeting of Revenue goals. A key partner is the Sales Enablement team, who support Content Creation, Academic Sales Learning, and Technology and Tools. Key additional stakeholders outside of sales include: Product, Implementation, and Professional Services Teams.
Potential Programming will include new hire onboarding & Sales Certifications (in partnership with Marketing- Sales Enablement), internal sales processes, Learning & development programming from Individual Contributor to Manager level, Sales Kick Offs, Sales Dashboards (in partnership with Rev Ops), Pilot programming, and Sales Outreach (in partnership with Marketing).
- In this role, you and your team will will support our Sales and Retention teams to meet and exceed attainment numbers in ARR, GRR, pipeline creation, and pipeline management
- You will be in charge of the successful coaching/development of our global sales organization including Sales Reps, Implementation, Customer Success, Solutions Architects, Subject Matter Experts, and Sales and Retention leadership
- In partnership with Sales Enablement, provide effective onboarding programming for new hires in order to shorten the path to success in a timely fashion
- Use performance data to identify knowledge or skill gaps across the sales team and create success plans for development
- Help create a development program for frontline managers to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, processes and tools required to lead their sales teams effectively
- Manage and develop a team that enables reps through subject matter expertise, buyer to customer journey support, and coaching/developing for knowledge and skills central to revenue roles. Likewise, you will support the development of hiring criteria for successful revenue generating candidates.
- In partnership with Sales Enablement, you will work to build repeatable sales motions, processes and playbooks that make us more effective as a Revenue Generating team
- Produce, curate and maintain content to support our sales coaching and development.
- Program managing our ongoing sales training and sales programming (coaching calls, Sales Kick Offs, etc.) and owning our coaching/development calendar and overall enablement calendar in partnership with Marketing-Sales Enablement.
- Measuring the effectiveness of our selling motions in order to change and optimize our efforts
You will drive progress towards KPIs such as:
- ARR Growth
- Customer retention and expansion
- Feedback from BrainPOP’s customer and user community on our sales engagements
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 7+ years of experience as a sales enablement leader and/ or sales coaching/training leader who has supported building teams to scale and reported into Revenue leadership
- 3+ years of strategic leadership experience in an Educational Saas Organization
- A desire to be a key architect for growth at one of the most exciting edtech companies of the current era
- Deep experience with B2B sales, technology, and curriculum selling, ideally having sat in seat as a sales professional or specialist at a point in your career
- Deep experience with meeting and demo skill development
- A deep understanding of the SaaS Bowtie funnel, revenue architecture, and sales methodologies such as BANT, Command of the Message and MEDDICC
- A desire to lead from the front and demonstrate how to effectively develop and support our quota carrying revenue teams
- Experience with both (bottoms-up) and (tops-down) selling in the Ed Tech market
While it’s not required, it’s an added plus if you also have:
- Experience building an Performance Based Culture based on Coaching/Development of revenue generating team members
- Knowledge of key enablement systems (Chorus/Gong, Workramp (or other LMS), etc.) and also Salesforce and Demand Generation Outreach Systems
The BrainPOP team operates in a hybrid work environment: Each role has remote flexibility and an in-person component at our New York headquarters or other meeting locations. Based on the requirements of a specific role, we may prioritize hiring within a commutable distance of our New York headquarters or in another region relevant to that role.
We can employ individuals residing in the following approved hiring states*:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. We have competitive pay bands for all other countries based on market standards. Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. Based on these factors, we expect most of the candidates offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description, as posted. If so, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.
USA Pay Scale
Life at BrainPOP
At BrainPOP, our work directly impacts how teachers teach and students learn. They inspire us to build solutions that facilitate joy and meaningful learning outcomes. Our commitment to educators and kids is reflected in our dedication to the BrainPOP team: ensuring their experience is empowering, creative, collaborative, playful, and anchored in learning and growth.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual citizens, and so much more. We value diversity and inclusion, collaboration, and learning from multiple perspectives.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.