· BSc in quantitative or business management field; MBA preferred
· 6+ years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years in a FP&A or Strategy Consulting in Consumer Retail space
· Understanding of the Consumer / Retail industry
· Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills (advanced expertise in Excel and modeling); speed-to-output. Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful conclusions / recommendations
· Good communication and presentation skills (verbal, written and visual). Ability to focus on key business questions and convey messages clearly and concisely - including to senior audiences. Advanced expertise in PowerPoint.
· Strong problem-solving skills; pro-activeness in identifying challenges and finding solutions
· Strong planning and project management capabilities; ability to prioritize effectively
· Ability to work independently but also to effectively manage multiple stakeholders - including senior stakeholders
· Ability to quickly ramp up on multiple topics. Positive mindset and eagerness to learn and drive value
U.S Corporate/Office Exempt Roles (Equity Eligible)
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $117,000 to $202,100. Exact salary depends on several
factors such as experience, skills, education, and budget. Salary range may vary based on
geographic location. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a
highly competitive bonus program with possibility for overachievement based on performance
and company results as well as participation in the share incentive plan.
In addition, The Estée Lauder Companies offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees,
including health insurance coverage, wellness and family support programs, life and disability
insurance, retirement savings plans, paid leave programs, education-related programs, paid
holidays and vacation time, and many others. Many of these benefits are subsidized or fully paid
for by the company.
The Director of Finance will be a key member of Bumble and bumble’s Global Finance & Strategy team, playing a critical role on the business with the goal of positioning the Brand for sustainable growth to deliver shareholder value. The role will assist and lead the short and long-range financial planning and strategy development for the brand working in conjunction with Brand Leadership Team, Region Leadership, and other corporate partners.
· Focus on identifying growth and profit opportunities for Bumble and bumble in-year and in the LRP. Develop deep-dive analytics to optimize all revenue and cost lines in the P&L.
· Evaluate performance of new product launches, advertising, marketing, and promotion effectiveness. Analyze sell-through trends, monitor and learn from cannibalization and halo impacts to improve the accuracy of forecasts resulting in more effective and efficient resource allocation and reduced inventory and obsolescence levels.
· Support identification of profitable growth opportunities by viewing the global brand business from all strategic perspectives\: innovation vs. commercial activities, global vs. regional heroes, core vs. emerging regions, and diversification to high-growth, brand-building channels.
· Support the coordination and development of the Brand Strategy in partnership with Brand’s Leadership team. Develop financial analysis with strategic perspective on the greatest growth opportunity areas and the appropriate resource allocation to enable growth objectives. Track progress on key strategic initiatives throughout the year.
· Help translate the strategy into action plans (including identifying / prioritizing / staging key initiatives and developing KPIs).
· Personally lead key strategic projects, which would include development of new business models, innovation & portfolio strategy, cost optimization projects, and white space opportunities (geographic or category). Utilize data/analytics to analyze market trends and identify growth opportunities and/or gaps in our portfolio.
· Lead the development key presentations throughout the year, in collaboration with the brand leadership team. Provide analytical support and thought partnership to key brands and functional teams.
· Thinks Strategically\: Takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate
· Able to manage multiple different topics in parallel, effectively prioritize work, coordinate across multiple stakeholders, and proactively find solutions to address business issues.
· Demonstrates Learning Agility\: Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
· Builds Collaborative Relationships\: Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
· Strives for Excellence in Execution\: Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs.