The Associate Sourcing Specialist provides operational and tactical support to sourcing category teams. Primary areas of focus include raw material and supplier approvals, non-approved inventory resolution, supplier management support, data and contract accuracy, and basic project management.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Supports new supplier and direct material (ingredients and/or packaging) approval processes, providing excellent customer service and support for completing and maintaining required documentation, submitting samples, keeping vendor status current in the system, and all other aspects of the process.
- Monitors and maintains status for approved materials and suppliers, ensuring all required ongoing documentation and pre-purchase sample evaluations are completed.
- Manages dispositions of non-approved raw material inventory, including coordination of all related activities and associated tracking & reporting.
- Supports with generation, updates, and closures of blanket contracts, ensuring all contracts in the system are current and accurate.
- Provides basic project management and coordination support to category teams, including but not limited to scheduling meetings, taking notes, conducting research, and tracking tasks.
- Manages select Tier 3 & 4 supplier accounts including managing check-in meetings, supporting with negotiating contracts, and handling supplier-related issues.
- Communicates timely and effectively with all levels (managers, buyers, cross-functional partners, suppliers, etc.).
- Other projects as assigned.
It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Amy’s Food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications And Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
4+ years related experience and/or equivalent combination of experience and education, and related experience and/or training.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word, & Power Point.
Ability to read and write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or coworkers.
Mathematical / Computer Skills
Ability to analyze and solve basic math and algebraic problems. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (I.e., Excel, Word, and Power Point) preferred.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds (Samples). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
5-10% travel required.
Bay Area Compensation Range:
- Other locations may be subject to a lower range