Job Title: Associate/Senior Associate
Start Date: November 2023 – January 2024
Practice Area: Macroeconomics
Employment Type: Full-time (average of 40-45 hours per week)
Location: Washington, DC (hybrid)
Residency Type: Authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship (e.g., citizen, lawful permanent resident)
Application Deadline: None; Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Keybridge is a boutique economics and public policy consulting firm based in Washington, DC. Our mission is to generate, curate, and apply analytical insights that help organizations create a more prosperous, resilient, and healthy nation. For more than two decades, we have used our expertise in applied economics, public policy, and data analytics to help our clients anticipate and respond to economic trends and advance sound, data-driven public policies. Our clients include Fortune 500 corporations and other private companies, leading trade associations, federal government agencies, and non-profit organizations that operate at the intersection of economics and public policy.
We are seeking an experienced individual with an entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to help grow the firm and the Macroeconomics practice in particular. This is a senior role in which you will have ownership of the delivery of high-quality client-facing products and the day-to-day management of multiple client relationships. You will also oversee and direct projects across the Macroeconomics portfolio and will supervise, coach, and mentor staff.
You will collaborate closely with members across the Macroeconomics practice to deliver analytical and consulting services to clients, including private sector companies and trade associations. You will use strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to develop creative solutions to our clients’ real-world issues. In addition to having an analytical mindset, successful candidates demonstrate a strong interest in understanding how research speaks to public policy issues, working across multiple subject-matter areas, and learning new topics or methods as needed. Equally important are strong communication skills, especially writing, data visualization, and presenting information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
This position in the Macroeconomic practice will focus on the following topics:
- Trends and developments in U.S. economic policy, including fiscal, monetary, and trade policy, as well as state and regional economic developments.
- Industry and sector-specific issues, particularly financial sector policy (both for large and mid-sized banks, community banks, and non-bank lenders), consumer finance, and electronic payments.
- Outlook for the U.S. economy, including recession risks, inflation, and trends in employment, consumer spending, investment spending, and consumer and small business financial stress.
You will develop expertise in a variety of economic and policy topics and apply new skills in an up-tempo work environment. You will work closely with several highly engaged clients and alongside a creative, interdisciplinary team of economists and policy experts, including Keybridge partners and senior leadership, breaking new ground in terms of the tactics, tools, and insights our clients use to carry out their mission.
Knowledge Management & Thought Leadership
- Maintain a solid and expanding knowledge base around macroeconomic developments and policy issues, with an emphasis on topics pertinent to business investment, consumer financial health, and the financial services industry.
- Actively contribute to team and client brainstorming sessions to identify clients’ analytical and strategic needs and ways to address them.
- Assist practice area leads in discussing economic and policy issues with clients and conveying key findings of Keybridge analyses.
Data Analysis, Interpretation, & Reporting
- Conduct economic, data, and public policy analysis. Tasks include (but are not limited to) identifying data requirements, designing analytical approaches, and applying a creative mix of qualitative and quantitative methods to address client needs.
- Translate complex analytical results into clear and compelling insights that go beyond “what the data says” and focus on “what the data means” for our clients.
- Develop and oversee the development of presentations, written reports, briefing memos, and narrative infographics for technical and non-technical audiences, utilizing stylized charts, tables, conceptual graphics, and dashboards to communicate clearly and concisely.
Project, Client, & Staff Management
- Assist with formulating project work plans with realistic timelines, budgets, and staff allocation.
- Execute project work plans and manage projects, including coordinating work efforts with internal and external stakeholders and ensuring that deadlines and objectives are met on-time and on-budget.
- Develop professional relationships with Keybridge clients and assist with brainstorming and curating project ideas and other client management responsibilities.
- Deliver informal briefings and formal presentations to clients, policymakers, and other stakeholders.
- Coach and mentor junior staff, including instructing on analytical frameworks and methods, delegating tasks, and providing timely and actionable feedback.
- Supervise junior staff, including directing and overseeing capacity management, professional development, feedback, firm integration, and annual performance reviews.
In addition to the above responsibilities, you will contribute to business development efforts in the Macroeconomics portfolio and participate in company management initiatives. You also may be assigned other duties as needs arise.
- Undergraduate degree and 6-10 years of fulltime post-undergraduate work experience in an economic research, government, public policy, or consulting field; or a master’s degree in public policy, economics, business, or a related field and at least 4 years of post-graduate school experience.
- Demonstrated passion for macroeconomic trends and developments; naturally curious personality with a drive to understand how economic and political forces interact, and a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new topics or methods as needed.
- Collegial team-first attitude, positive outlook, and a friendly disposition.
- Demonstrated quantitative skills, including knowledge and application of economic principles and concepts, statistics, and data analytics. Experience with formal surveys and the collection and analysis of quantitative data is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail, with a proven track record of producing high-quality, client-ready work within established time and budget constraints.
- Ability to operate collaboratively within a team environment while also moving work forward independently.
- Proven capacity to multitask in a professional service environment, including the ability to quickly adjust team and client priorities in response to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including experience translating general requests into clear goals and objectives; building work plans, budgets, and schedules; managing staff capacity across multiple projects; and delivering high-quality work on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated client management skills, including experience communicating directly with clients, policymakers, or senior leadership of an organization through formal and informal channels (e.g., video and audio calls, emails, in-person meetings, and presentations). Experience delivering formal presentations, either in-person or via webinar.
- Exemplary writing skills, including a demonstrated ability to draft client-ready written products and revise and polish written products developed by others.
- Experience supervising or co-supervising junior staff members.
If you have a passion for creative problem solving, enjoy working on macroeconomic and public policy issues in a collaborative environment, and want to be part of a highly respected and growing small business, we want to hear from you. We welcome applications from individuals with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We also recognize that skills and competencies can show up in different ways and can be based on life experience. Even if you meet many of the qualifications listed above, but not all of them, we still encourage you to apply.
Keybridge is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Applicants must have work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship for continued employment in the United States.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The compensation and benefits package for this position include:
- A market-competitive base salary, plus annual raises.
- Annual bonuses based on individual and firm-wide performance.
- Hybrid work environment with the option to work remotely at least six days per month, including all Fridays, and flexible work hour arrangements.
- Access to professional development opportunities, programs, trainings, and resources.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer match of up to 4% with immediate vesting.
- 100% employer-paid, platinum-rated health insurance plan.
- Dental, vision, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance plans.
- Approximately 30 days of paid time off per year, including personal leave and holidays.
- Paid parental leave (maternity, partner, and adoption).
ABOUT THE KEYBRIDGE COMMUNITY
In addition to meeting the position-specific qualifications described above, we are looking for candidates whose values align with our own. Specifically, Keybridge's firm culture is based on five core values that underpin everything we do, from how we treat one another to how we engage with clients and conduct our work.
- Kindness: We are a tight-knit community of professionals who care deeply about our colleagues, support each other personally and professionally, and treat one another with kindness.
- Collaboration: We are a team-first community comprised of people who work well with others, generously share skills and expertise, and genuinely enjoy problem-solving together and contributing to the firm’s success.
- Curiosity: We are a learning organization that values intellectual curiosity and creates space for individuals to explore their professional interests, cultivate new expertise, and evolve into well-rounded professionals.
- Respectfulness: We are an inclusive community that respects individuals and values the diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives that each of us brings to our work.
- Excellence: We are a community of high performers who hold ourselves to the highest standards, push ourselves to do our best work, and take pride in delivering extraordinary client service.
Complete the application form linked here. No phone calls or emails, please.