Analyst, Trade Compliance Assurance
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced program management professional to join a growing legal compliance team. In this role, you will lead and manage global trade-related procedures and projects, while also participating in and supporting the broader Applied Materials Global Trade and Legal & Compliance Organization teams. You will report to the Senior Program Manager for Trade Compliance Assurance.
Working closely with team members across the Global Trade organization, as well as other compliance and business functions, you will lead or be involved in projects involving trade-compliance monitoring and testing, business process mapping, records management, technology enhancements, data analytics, executive reporting, training and communications platforms, and implementing managed services solutions.
· Define, scope, and document requirements through detailed project plans to lead/support key compliance and trade-focused initiatives.
· Conduct compliance risk assessments with an emphasis on trade compliance, including scoping, executing and tracking remedial actions of risk assessments.
· Perform routine trade compliance testing and auditing, including scoping, selecting, executing testing, identifying root causes for any observations, and tracking remedial actions.
· Execute trade compliance monitoring, including identifying key areas for compliance monitoring, establishing analytics to flag key activities for monitoring, review activity flagged for monitoring, and tracking remedial actions.
· Oversee documentation organization and recordkeeping program, including drafting, maintaining and organizing various policies, procedures, process maps, and work instructions across various trade compliance functions.
· Centralize and maintain systematized repositories to help improve visibility, increase accountability, and enable enhanced decision-making and governance.
· Clearly identify critical milestones, map timelines, spot risks, negotiate resources and assign ownership to drive timely progress of key projects.
· Study and use data to identify process gaps and recommend improvements that will increase efficiency and reduce compliance risk.
· Provide oversight, coordinate across stakeholders, communicate progress and manage escalations on projects.
· Help to develop Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure program success and create and maintain data-driven dashboards that demonstrate key results.
· Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of the products, services, and operations of Applied Materials.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in trade or related compliance areas, preferably in the technology sector.
· Experience and knowledge of U.S. export and import regulations.
· Experience in conducting compliance risk assessments, monitoring, and testing, with an emphasis on trade compliance.
· Strong organizational and recordkeeping experience.
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis, and excellent project management skills.
· Experience in leading multi-disciplinary project teams or global initiatives including collaborating with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail-oriented, flexible, impeccable integrity, and good judgment.
· Collaborative by nature and able to build strong partnerships with other Applied functions such as internal audit, legal teams, and business-facing groups.
· Comfortable in a fast-paced, global environment and ability to manage and prioritize a diverse and complex workload.
· Self-motivated, driven, and ability to work independently and in teams.
· Strong presentation, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and data visualization skills.
· Advanced degree from a recognized university preferred, such as Master of Accountancy or MBA.
· Technology background preferred.
· Additional language skills a plus.
Years of Experience:4 - 7 Years
Time Type:Full time
Employee Type:Assignee / Regular
Travel:Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:$92,000.00 - $126,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.